— Jad El-Zein (@virtualjad) July 7, 2015
This one comes up all the time…a Business Group Manager (see prereqs) requests an entitled machine, does XYZ configuration on it post-provisioning, then wants to transfer it on to someone else for ownership (whatever the reason that may be).
There are a couple of options for changing the Machine Owner in vRA — during Request, during a Bulk Import (using the Infrastructure Organizer, or by Reconfiguring the machine. You can also allow an Approver to change ownership mid-flight, but that’s a bit more involved.
To change a provisioned [IaaS] machine’s owner by using the “Reconfigure” Day-2 operation…
- you must be a Business Group Manager to make the change
- you must have “Reconfigure” action enabled (via entitlements)
- the NEW owner must be a Business Group User
- Log in to vRA with using an account with “Business Group Manager” role
- Navigate to the Items tab
- Click to open the desired Machine from the list (NOTE: Business Group Managers can manage machines from all users within the business group and can change change the owner of any visible machine.